Saturday, February 5, 2011

Welcome to the world of blogs!

Today is day 1 of my journey in the blog world. I've followed many bloggers in my day and most of them are amazing--even inspiring! If my blogs amount to anything more than a vent session or outlet for me, I'll be happy! (sounds selfish eh?)

So where should I take my first blog? I guess I'll start with a little introduction.
This is ME

I am a recent graduate of BYU-Idaho in Elementary Education. I guess...technically...I haven't graduated quite yet. I still have to student teach for 3 months in September. Teaching little guys is the most exciting, challenging occupation that I think I could've found for myself. I LOVE what I've experienced so far and can't wait to keep going with it.

Being home now is a crazy challenge in itself. True - life is easier with affording housing & food haha. I'm a mooch! But I don't always feel productive or that I'm pushing myself to be my best. I almost feel stagnant in life. Any suggestions??

I've started working as a server at Boston Pizza!
Talk about stress. Educating the future generations or guarding lives at a pool are NOTHING in comparison to the hectic-ness of serving hungry human beings. I have a lot more respect for servers now. All I can do is apologize for my ditsy mistakes as I try hard to remember everyone's orders (it's harder than it looks!) or when I forget that a table has been sitting waiting to get their bill for 10 mins! Oops.

One thing I have learned from this experience is: People can have such a good or bad impact on another person's day. Make it a goal, please, to smile at someone or compliment one person each day. It is so easy to bring happiness to someone that can influence their entire day for the better. By making one person happy, who knows what impact they'll have on others that day? It is such a domino effect. Grumpy people in the restaurant only make me grumpy. I've noticed, also, that I can have a positive or negative effect on those I serve as well. BE HAPPY PEOPLE!!

 "Happiness is the only good. The place to be happy is here. The time to be happy is now. The way to be happy is to help make others so." - Robert G. Ingersoll


"The best way to cheer yourself up, is to cheer somebody else up." - Mark Twain


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have a blog now Alyssa! I've been wondering what you've been up to. I'm so excited that they're letting you student teach in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! Today is a good day because I found this blog. I loved your quotes at the bottom and I can't wait to read more!! Thank you for starting a blog!! Hehee

    ReplyDelete