Tuesday, March 1, 2011

- Hey, Uhhh...Wanna go out sometime? -

The Dreaded awkward first date....
I have been on one too many of these.

This is my way of avoiding another game of "20 Questions" & skipping to the fun part of dating! Being my crazy self and REALLY getting to know one another. I'm going to take you through the typical questions I get asked when meeting a young man & my responses haha. Hopefully you find some entertainment in awkward-ness and are able to relate. AAAANNNNDDD get to know me a little better ;)

QUESTION #1:
Did you play sports in High School?
My thoughts:
Shoot...I always hate this question. I feel like a failure. Or a nerd. Or completely unattractive. Does he REALLY care? Crap!
My response:
Not exactly...Unless you call the 'dance team' or 'swimming' a high school sport. But I had school spirit :)
[Yup, it's official. I'm a nerd]

QUESTION #2:
What was the best date you've ever been on?
My thoughts:
Are you just trying to compare your date to my favorite? Should I respond by saying THIS is the best one EVER!! WOO!!!?!?
My response:
Any date that is super creative, I love! Usually the "cheapest" dates are the most fun actually! But if I had to pick one, I'd say the time I spent 2 days with my boyfriend-at-the-time's family in California.
We went to Disneyland one day! and then dirt biking for my first time ever on the other day & had a picnic in an alley by the beach. Sooo much fun!
 
Guys, get creative with dates!
  • sledding, exploring, making dinner, playing games, picnics, service (baby-sitting, visiting old people), trips around Wal-Mart, dress up parties - ALL cheap ideas but SOO FUN!





QUESTION #3:
How many children do you want to have?
My thoughts:
ARE YOU SERIOUSLY ASKING THIS QUESTION ON OUR FIRST DATE?!?!
(Yes, it's happened to me).
My response:
4 seems like a good number. ?

QUESTION #4:
What do you like to do for fun?
My thoughts:
[This shows you how really nerdy I am] - I enjoy learning, working out, reading, & setting & achieving goals. I DO NOT enjoy baking [I would never say this to a guy ha]
My response:
I love to dance & do choreography, play piano, & try to be social! 





A few pics of my

BYU-Idaho Dance Team.

 I miss it so much!
 My verbal responses are not lies or a mockery of the questions being asked, they just avoid the completely brutally honest truth. People are so afraid of judgment. I am guilty of this. I won't deny it. But just understand, a first date cannot always foresee a future with someone or lack of. Be willing to get to know your date on other levels. I actually believe that questions are great! It's a quick & easy way to learn about a person.

I am ultimately writing on the inevitable.


QUESTION #5:
One final chance at love on the 1st date!
If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
My thoughts:
 
 With a little bit of....
Are you Fo' Real boy??
My response:
 Pay off my parents' mortgage, pay back my student loans, and TRAVEL baby!! 

I figure 5 questions is good enough to give you a taste of my single, 22 year old life. I'm sure I have plenty more experiences to have in this department. Can't wait!!
Just DATE..............................DATE........................DATE

This week's highlights:
- Got a $70 tip. Not too shabby! Thank-you young man for making my week.
- Celebrated daddy's 45th b-day. Happy Birthday!!!
- My littlest sister got a boyfriend...YAY!
- I just found out it's Justin Bieber's birthday today! Another Happy Birthday!!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Alyss I love this post! I need to blog again, I haven't been updating it for a while... I will get on it pretty quick! But this.. this was freaking awesome!

    ReplyDelete